Today's Driving School
Our drivers training program is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety
and serves the following counties; Meeker, Stearns, Wright, McLeod, and
Kandiyohi. We feel that new drivers should not only learn how to drive
a car but probably even more importantly to learn defensive driving. We
all know of too many stories of accidents that happened because the
OTHER driver was careless. At Today's Driving School we are concerned that our teens learn how to drive safely.
Sign up now by calling (320) 293-0352. Class locations: Litchfield, Kimball, Howard Lake, Hutchinson, Sartell and Monticello.
Statistics show that the leading cause of death in Minnesota's 15-17 year olds is traffic crashes.
Minnesota Drivers Manual (click here)
The top six driving risk factors for teens are:
- Inattentiveness - Driver inattention/distraction is the most common contributing factor in multiple vehicle crashes
- Excessive speed
- Illegal/unsafe speed is the most common contributing factor in single
vehicle crashes for drivers. Teens particularly have difficulty
adjusting speed to driving conditions.
- Failure to wear a safety belt
- Properly wearing a seat belt reduces the risk of fatal injury to
front seat passenger occupants by 45% in a car and 60% in a light
- A person who has been awake 24 hours experiences impairment nearly
equal to someone with a blood alcohol concentration of .10%. Teens
often don't get enough sleep.
- Not checking traffic before pulling out
- Most crashes involving teens occur at intersections because of their
inexperience judging distance and speed.
- Driving with other teens
- The presence of passengers strongly increased crash risk. For teen
drivers, the more passengers the greater the risk.